HIV, HepC & now Diabetes

I have a very close fiend who was diagnosed HIV and HepC positive moe than 20 years ago. Last night I took her to the ER for the following symptoms: dry mouth, recent weight loss, dehydration although she was drinking constantly, restless sleep and frequest trips to the bathroom. After her blood work came back the attending physician told us her blood sugar was close to 1000, in his words, full blown diabetes. Her HIV and HepC doctors wanted to start her on the Interferon treatment for her HepC. I know this in going to complicate her situation. If possible, I would like to know. in genral, what can we expect? I'm guessing the Interferon treatment will be put on hold indefinitely. Her HIV viral load has been undetectable for most of the last 10 years. Do you think they will change her HIV meds?

Thank You, Al

I would expect that the treatment for hepatitis C (which can be very demanding) would be put on hold until the situation with the diabests is under good control and things are stable once again. KH

Developing a belly
Yellowing of the eyes with Norvir, Reyataz, and Truvada