For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Is this something that should be considered. I have found little information on this supplement other than the Kpax website. I am 26 yo, on Sustiva and truvada with undetectable viral load and T cells are in the 8-900s. I know i may not need it now but will it help in the long run? Will it help prevent lipodystrophy? Will it keep me healthy if i start early?

I am unfamiliar with that product so have seen no data suggesting a beneficial effect in the setting of HIV treatment. Patients doing well on Sustiva/Truvada have had a low rate of lipodystrophy to date so it would be unlikely that a nutritional supplement could be shown to prevent lipodystrophy to a significant degree. Uridine supplements are being studies for effect on fat loss (which has not been seen much with Sustiva/Truvada). If any reader has more specific information please post. KH

Side effects from PEP
What to make of promising study of CSA 54?