New Meds

What are the percentages reported for the side effects of Reyataz and swelling of the throat? My doctors wants me to switch from sustiva to Reyataz and Norvir along with my combivir. Sustiva had caused my cholesterol to rise, along with nightmares and anxiety. The heart problems and swelling of the throat side effects, share me.

Atazanavir (Reyataz) rarely is linked to swelling of the throat. The lipid/heart effects of Reyataz are usually minimal even with ritonavir boosting. I have had generally good success with Reyataz/ritonavir in my own clinic. KH

In support that its not all bad news!
Swollen, discolored lips