Rash after Reyataz

Hi, thank you in advance for your help!

I started taking Reyataz with Norvir boost, Epivir and Viread 9 days ago. Yesterday, I developed a rash on my upper body which is getting worse - redder and itchy in places. My face is red too. I read online that this happens in 21% of the cases with Reyataz and usually goes away in a week, not to worry if there are no other symptoms (there aren't, no jaundice and GI is fine).

How long might this go on? I have an appt with my doc in 10 days, and am planning to take Atarax on advice of my regular doc.

When would this be urgent enough to stop the meds? It is starting to drive me insane ;)

Thanks.

Usually a Reyataz associated rash can be treated through. Have you started other drugs as well (such as a sulfa antibiotic) which could also cause a rash and may be more serious? If progressive I recommend asking to be seen by your HIV doc or someoen in his/her office on Monday if possible. KH

Nystagmus (eyes)
HIV/Lupus