Party Drugs and HIV Medication

My partner (53 yo male) was tested positive in Jan with CD4 cell count below 200 and viral count over 100,000. He started the HIV medication since mid-Feb, containing a regimen of VIDEX EC, AZT and STOCRIN. He also needs to take TENOMIN, TELFAST and BACTRIN besides that.

We are party drug users who like to have estacy, GHB, poppers and viagra, yet we have stopped since he was dianogsed. This week he wants to party again, and I know there's no way to talk him out of it. I tried to make him talk to the doctor but he doesn't want to since he feels for sure the doctor's going to day no.(but his doctor is aware that he had history of using party drugs when my partner was first diagnosed positive)

With his current regimen and the party drugs, is there any effects he should be aware of? I think I can talk him out to use less amount and variety, but not the idea of having party drugs.

I'll appreciate your help and advice on this. Thanks.

TT

In many cases formal data on drug interactions is lacking. Use of Stocrine with the party drugs you mention is generally safer than if a protease inhibitor was being used. Party drugs are associated with increased rates of unsafe sex with increased risk to transmit and acquire drug resistant virus. Party drug use has also been associated with missing doses of HIV drugs. There is some safety concern about use of ectasy and GHB with efavirenz. Use of poppers and Viagra together can cause a serious drug interaction so that is not recommended. KH

what is cmv treatment ?
hiv-diarhea