How can I bring back my good structure?

I am a 38 year old and I have been on HIV drugs (Nevirapine, Stavudine & Lamuvidine)for 12months now but, two months ago I developed some side effects (abnormal growth of breasts, chest and face but slimmed extremely on the buttocks). My once good looking structure is abnormal now. I went back to my local clinic and told my doctor about the change and he removed stavudine from the combination and replaced it with abacavir. I have not seen any change yet though I have only taken it for less than a month. I am going down with depression because my structure is bad and I have even stopped wearing some of my beautiful clothes because of the shape of my body. One most depressing thing is that People are beginning to notice the change. What should I do? I now starving myself thinking the breast and the face will slim down.

So worried.

Marj

Switching to abacavir from stavudine should stabilize the fat loss and you may very slowly start to see an increase in fat (that varies alot from person to person). Fat recovery is generally very slow (Can be picked up by fancy X-ray tests early) and not observable by patients or doctors for 6-12 months in many cases. We are still learning about whether fat increases in cases like yours can continue slowly for many years since study results have generally been reported out to 12 months or so. Your current regimen should be fairly OK from the fat standpoint but from what you describe so I hope you have a good (though often painstakingly slow ) improvement. KH

tanning
effects on non HIV taking sustiva