Mar 7, 2006
I am on Truvada and Viramune. Can I tan in a tanning booth or will I have a allergic reaction?
| Response from Dr. Conway
Viramune can be associated with the development of skin reactions, which can often be quite severe. It is conceivable that triggers such as tanning could contribute to setting them off, or making them worse, if they are to occur. Such reactions are usually limited to the firsr 2 months of therapy, and only occur rarely after that. if you avoid tanning booths (and excessive sun exposure) for the first 2-3 months of Viramune treatment, you should be able to return to these activities after that.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Bloody Urine After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.