Mar 7, 2006
I am on Truvada and Viramune. Can I tan in a tanning booth or will I have a allergic reaction?
Response from Dr. Conway
Viramune can be associated with the development of skin reactions, which can often be quite severe. It is conceivable that triggers such as tanning could contribute to setting them off, or making them worse, if they are to occur. Such reactions are usually limited to the firsr 2 months of therapy, and only occur rarely after that. if you avoid tanning booths (and excessive sun exposure) for the first 2-3 months of Viramune treatment, you should be able to return to these activities after that.
Symptoms of HTLV-3?
How can I bring back my good structure?
- How Long Does It Take For The Results Of A Hepatitis B Test?
- Are Chronic Yeast Infection And Swollen Glands Sign Of Hiv?
- Are Night Sweats A Sign Of Acute Hiv Infection?
- Are There Rare Hiv Infected Who Don't Develop Antibodies?
- Do Modern Elisa Hiv Tests Detect O And N Strains?
- Minimum Days Of Survival Of A Hiv Infected Person
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.