tanning

I am on Truvada and Viramune. Can I tan in a tanning booth or will I have a allergic reaction?

Response from Dr. Conway

Viramune can be associated with the development of skin reactions, which can often be quite severe. It is conceivable that triggers such as tanning could contribute to setting them off, or making them worse, if they are to occur. Such reactions are usually limited to the firsr 2 months of therapy, and only occur rarely after that. if you avoid tanning booths (and excessive sun exposure) for the first 2-3 months of Viramune treatment, you should be able to return to these activities after that.

Symptoms of HTLV-3?
How can I bring back my good structure?