serostim failure

Hello Doctor ... After a 12 week regimen of serostim (6mg/saline injection daily).... I weighed two pounds less than when I started the injections. Related literature, my personal physician, the pharmacist and, of course, the serostim reps assured me that I would gain considerable weight. I was lean muscled to begin with,and the serostim shred me of muscle tone and body fat and rendered me looking gaunt and without strength. All my joints ached and my feet and wrists were noticeably swollen. Gym workouts decreased considerably, and I lost my appetite. I lost strength and stamina. During the entire time I was regularly taking a protease cocktail of kaletra, crixivan, and viread. Any relation to meds and the sersotim failure? If not, what else could you speculate as being the possible reason why I had such adverse effects. So sure this was going to be a boon ...but what a bust.

Serostim (human growthh hormone) is still an investigational drug for use in HIV+ patients other than those who have AIDS wasting syndrome. Serostim can trigger diabetes in patients and cause swelling and bone aching in many patients and is very expensive so its role (if any) for general weight gain or lipodystrophy is unclear and still under study. It seems unlikely that your HIV regimen had a direct effect on making the Serostim ineffective or increasing the side effects. I have had numerous patients on Serostim in studies with a wide range of outcomes and side effects so it is clearly not universally effective. KH

Throwing up within minutes after taking meds
Sculptra