Throwing up within minutes after taking meds
Mar 5, 2006
Response from Dr. Henry
Good question. It is important not to totally miss entire doses very frequently (very true of Stocrine based regimens). If you are throwing up the pill fragments that is an urgent problem that needs to be addressed with your HIV specialist. A wide range of anti-nausea meds are available to diminish/stop nauseas due to medication (which often will diminish over time). If the nausea/vomiting occurs occasionally it is OK to wait for the next dose to see if you stomach has settled down though your HIV specialist should to informed of the situation. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get Hiv If You Share Drinks With A Person Who Has It?
- Will A Blood Test Tell If You Are Infected With Hiv?
- What Do You Do If You Accidentally Inject Yourself With Hiv Needle?
- Can You Get Hiv Or Stds From Receiving Fellatio?
- How Long Does It Take For Elavil To Eliminate Neuropathy?
- What Is The Difference Between Lupus And Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.