HIV medication

I have been recently diagnosed as HIV + and the medical facility that is treating me (HIV Specific) is choosing to keep me off meds at this time. The recent belief (so I've been told) is not to introduce medication until the T Cell count dips belos 300 - which for me may be 6 or 7 years (losing approx 80 per year). The belief is that introduction of medication too early can cause the virus to mutate causing a need for additionally stronger meds to achieve the same goal and that those stronger meds can also have a detrimental effect on internal organs. I am monitored 2X a month...what is your opinion.

Your HIV management seems quite reasonable particularly if you are seeing an HIV specialist you have confidence in who knows all of the details of your situation. In the US the CD4 threshold for starting HIV medication is < 350 which is a level I am confortable with for most patients. KH

Not a question - Just Alot of Gratitude
Radically decreasing CD4