Alcohol Question

Does drinking alcohol affect the way that the medicines work? I am sus and tru and I never drink except on occasion, but when I do I tend to drink a little too much. My question is, depite me taking my medicines religiously, does drinking heavlily once and a while contibute to resistance and the medicine not work the way it should be? Is it the equivalent to missing a dose.? When I first asked my doctor, he told me it wouldnt be a problem, but he did tell me not to abuse alcohol. I do not want to give the impression taht I am alcoholic because I am not, I probably drink once quarterly. However, I am young, and I do drink alot when I do drink. Please giveme your thought. Has resistance ever been a problem becase of inebriation.

Excessive alcohol use is damaging to the liver and places patients at risk for trauma/auto accidents and unsafe sex (which could lead to acquisition of a drug resistant virus). Alcohol use per se otherwise would not generally lead to resistance (unless linked to missing doses or the behaviorial problems noted above). KH

Heart disease - meds or HIV
toxoplasmosis