Chronic Sinusitis

I found out I was positive almost 2.5 yrs ago and have been on meds for about 2. I am on Sustiva and Turvada and been very pleased with the results. The VL has consistently been undetectable and the CD4 count between 800 and 1000.

The only issue I am having (thankfully) is that I have almost constant pain in my right sinuses beneath and above my eye as well as pain in my right jaw joint and ear. Sometimes it is low grade, some times more severe. Could this be the result of the meds? My doctor has had me taking antihistamines and flonase but it does not seem to improve? Do you have any suggestions or ideas on a course of treatment I should discuss with my doctor?

Thanks for all you do to help this community.

Have you had a radiologic evaluation (CT or MRI) to define the anatomy of your sinuses and/or an ENT evaluation. Sometimes surgical drainage is necessary to get relief (such as a window procedure). Also sometimes helpful is culture of the contents of the involved sinus (often need to have a needle placed in it) to look for other organisms (such as fungi or anaerobic bacteria) that are not routinely treated with an antibiotic). Some chronic sinus conditions manage to frustrate even the best therapies (even in HIV negative persons). KH

pergnancy
Heart disease - meds or HIV