Mar 1, 2006
if the women is having hiv 1 and she is pergnant. can the baby be saf?
Response from Dr. Henry
A baby born to an HIV infected mother can be born free of HIV. The odds are improved considerably if the mother is receiving care from an HIV specialist particularly if antiretroviral therapy is available. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Does It Mean When Hiv Is Lying Dormant In Your Body?
- Is Yellow Discharge A Sign Of Herpes?
- What Are The Different Types Of Herpes Zosters Or Shingles?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes When No Outbreaks?
- Ways To Get Chlamydia Other Than Sex
- What Is The Lifespan Of The Hpv Virus?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.