Feb 23, 2006
my husband is on ARV's. he has developed pimples in his face. what can we do. we visited our doctor several times, he give him ointment and some tablets, but they are still there.
| Response from Dr. Henry
Flare-ups of acne like lesions can occur when persons start effective HIV meds. That sometimes is related to an improvement of immune function which paradoxically causes some clinical problems. Dermatologist can often make a more specific diagnosis and try different therapies other than what you have already tried. I would discuss with your husband's HIV provider. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Risk Of Fingering A Girl With Hiv With A Scratch On Finger
- Can You Get Hepatitis C From Eating Something With Infected Blood On It?
- Will Hpv Affect My Relationship?
- When You Have A Herpes Outbreak Do You Get A Sore Throat?
- What If Antibiotics Did Not Clear Up My Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Happens If You Have Unprotected Sex And You Have Hpv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.