bones them bones

I wound up in ER last week in body pain. They did xrays and below are the reports. I have been poz for 7 years and I'm in mid40s, undetectable but recently my body doesn't want to work with my brain. Too much pain. I was told I have joint disease. So I will be seeing a bone doctor, but anything else I should be looking at?

LUMBAR SPINE Comparison: None. Findings: There is mild scoliosis with convexity to the left. There are mild degenerative changes with minimal intervertebral disc space narrowing at the L3-4, L4-5 and L5-S1 levels with small anterior osteophytes at these levels. The vertebral body heights are normal. There is no fracture or subluxation seen. There is minimal facet hypertrophy at the L5 level. IMPRESSION: 1. Negative fracture. 2. Mild scoliosis with convexity to the left. 3. Mild degenerative changes at L3-4, L4-5 and L5-S1.

CHEST, PA AND LATERAL VIEWS: Comparison: None. Findings: The cardiac silhouette is within normal limits. There is right hilar fullness, which may be related to adenopathy or vasculature. An underlying mass in this location cannot be entirely excluded. There is a 3 mm nodular density in the left upper lobe, which is nonspecific. Recommend comparison with outside films or follow-up in three to six months. The remainder of the lung fields are grossly clear. There is no focal consolidation, pneumothorax or pleural effusion.

SACROCOCCYGEAL FILM: Suboptimal positioning provided. No definite fracture or dislocation is seen. If there is strong suspicion of a sacrococcygeal fracture, consider CT scan. IMPRESSION: Suboptimal positioning.

BILATERAL HIPS There is no fracture, dislocation or other bony abnormality detected. There is a 6.6 x 3.3 cm air collection at the level of the pubic symphysis. Question attempted Foley catheter placement or herniated bowel. IMPRESSION: 1. Negative fracture. 2. Air collection at the level of the pubic symphysis, as above

I was given two pain pills to run me for a month .. SOOOO nice .. though I can tell when they are wearing off.

Got an ear effusion too.

What am I looking at?

What type of docs should I see based on the reports?

My bowel movements have changed from 3 times a day to once every 3/4 days even with the use of citrucel. I think I'd rather have the 3 times a day because I'm not use to this every 3 days or so. I chalk it up to age.

Your HIV specialist is usually the best first person to evaluate the nature of your symptoms in the context of your overall HIV status and health for which you have been monitored. A bone dexa scan to look for general bone health (osteoporosis) and an evaluation by a rheumatologist can often be helpful in sorting out bone/joint issues. KH

false positives
what is HIV PROTEASE INHIBITORS.