Feb 16, 2006
Prior to taking antivirals, my urine was not as dark as it appears now. I am on truvada and sustiva. I asked my doctor, and he said that my most recent bloodwork showed that my kidney function was normal. Is urine color indicative of renal failure? Is my now darker, more yellow and foamy urine a sign of renal failure?
Response from Dr. Henry
Changes in color and foam characteristics of urine can signal kidney problems but often relate more to hydration status and food/chemical/dye intake. KH
Do I need to worry?
- If You Have Hiv But You Are Undetectable Can You Still Give Someone Hiv While Having Sex?
- Which Is Worse Herpes Or Genital Warts?
- What To Take To Suppress Genital Herpes?
- What Precautions Can You Take If Someone Has Herpes?
- What Causes Hpv Other Than Sex?
- Symptoms Of Gonorrhea In Gay Men
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.