|Casual Alcohol with meds
Feb 13, 2006
Hi- I'm taking the once a day 4 tablets of Kaletra and the once a day one a day Truvada for almost 3 months now. I was wondering if I was able to drink alcohol once in a blue moon with this regimen and how much could I consume at once. Thanks.
| Response from Dr. Conway
There is no absolute contraindiciation to occasional alcohol consumption related to the medications you are taking. Of course, if taken in large amounts, alcohol can be toxic to your liver, and this may increase the toxicity of your medications and lead to the premature failure of your regimen, so be sure to use good sense in your use of alcohol. Cheers.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Do People Catch AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rash After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Antibiotics Used To Treat Gonorrhea And Chlamydia
- Can You Get Genital Warts From Being Fingered?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.