Swollen Gland

I have been on Kaletra and Combivir for about five months now and have been jumping from one side effect to another. The recent one now is a swollen gland under my tongue. My doctor examined it and subjected me to lab tests. My hemoglobin, differential and other tests and the result was normal. What could be responsible for this side effect? And what should I do? Could this be a viral infection? He told me he was going to discuss with the experts.

Response from Dr. Conway

I think the key here is that he will talk to "experts", perhaps ear-nose-and -throat (ENT) specialists. I do not think this is a side effect of the medications, so you can be reassured in this respect. It can be something simple such as a blocked salivary gland to a monor infection to something else. Keep taking your medications (keeping your immune system in shape is one of the most important things you can do) and work with your doctor to figure out what is going on.

resistance
Need advice Dr Brian