Stopping Meds

My goal is to get my vl undectable and my cd4 count higher, I am on my way there. If I meet my goal, do you think I can stop taking these toxic meds (sustive/truvada) ...and if down the line my vl numbers start to rise and my cd4 numbers start to decline, will that make me ineligible to restart the sustiva/truvada, or any other meds for that matter? soimnotalone

For patients who need to start HIV medications (ie with AIDS or a CD4 count < 300) it is not recommended to stop medications once started. In addition, stopping a Sustiva based regimen can result in the development of resistance if not done carefully so even stopping meds can be complicated. KH

medication question
Chronic Diarrhea