Feb 9, 2006
My goal is to get my vl undectable and my cd4 count higher, I am on my way there. If I meet my goal, do you think I can stop taking these toxic meds (sustive/truvada) ...and if down the line my vl numbers start to rise and my cd4 numbers start to decline, will that make me ineligible to restart the sustiva/truvada, or any other meds for that matter? soimnotalone
Response from Dr. Henry
For patients who need to start HIV medications (ie with AIDS or a CD4 count < 300) it is not recommended to stop medications once started. In addition, stopping a Sustiva based regimen can result in the development of resistance if not done carefully so even stopping meds can be complicated. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Runny Nose An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Anal Warts After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Floaters After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Jock Itch After Receiving Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.