TMC-114

Hi Brian/Keith- I've been on TMC-114 (in addition to NOrvir, Reyataz, Truvada, Bactrim, Diflucan and Seroquel) for two weeks and have had diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, headaches since I've been taking it. My doctor wants me to keep taking it for the next 1-2 weeks to see if the side effects get better but I'm sick of feeling sick! I've searched for results from the clinical trials and have not found much that has given me much hope that the side effects will get better. Do you have any information (or can point me to the right website and/or study results) that might tell me the likelihood the side effects will subside? Thanks for any info you might have. P.S. Keep up the good work! I've been living with HIV for 16 years and became an HIV peer mentor 6 months ago to work on a Prevention with Positives inititave. I appreciate any advice you might have that will keep me going to work instead of feeling sick at home!!

There are usually a number of medications that can be used to decrease the GI and headache side effects you are experiencing. I would discuss with your HIV doc what can be given to alleviate your suffering. I would try to last at least 4 weeks to see if the symptoms subside or diminish to a tolerable level. KH

Weight Gain
severe Diarrhea