|is this aids
Feb 6, 2006
My boyfriends cd4 is 58 and his viral load is 1000. He just started taking medication. Is this aids? Will his count change?
Response from Dr. Henry
A CD4 count < 200 is considered AIDS. Most patients taking effective HIV medication will have a good CD4 count increase. KH
I have a question about pregnancy
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Cut On Hand?
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute
- Blood In Semen After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Trichomoniasis Without Have Sex?
- How Do You Get Rid Of A Vaginal Staph Infection?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.