hiv and tb

I have hiv and my cd sount is 273. i was informed not to be in contact with ppl as my coughing is getting worse. can my tb be spread to others? i was told i should be away from work and people for about 2 weeks. pls advise in detail.

I couldn't tell from the details provided whether you have TB or not. If you have TB you need top be on TB therapy and follow the advice of the TB doc regarding when you can be out in public. If you haven't been diagnosed with TB then you need to ask your HIV doctor if you have been evaluated for TB. Most HIV + patients I see with an upper respiratory infection don't have TB and can be out in public similar to other patients using common sense (such as cover mouth when coughing). KH

MEDS Start-Up
warfarin-creatine