|hiv and tb
Feb 1, 2006
I have hiv and my cd sount is 273. i was informed not to be in contact with ppl as my coughing is getting worse. can my tb be spread to others? i was told i should be away from work and people for about 2 weeks. pls advise in detail.
| Response from Dr. Henry
I couldn't tell from the details provided whether you have TB or not. If you have TB you need top be on TB therapy and follow the advice of the TB doc regarding when you can be out in public. If you haven't been diagnosed with TB then you need to ask your HIV doctor if you have been evaluated for TB. Most HIV + patients I see with an upper respiratory infection don't have TB and can be out in public similar to other patients using common sense (such as cover mouth when coughing). KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
- Painful Urination After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.