ANC count and neupogen
Feb 1, 2006
what are ANC counts in a child HIV positive? What does it mean to have decreased WBC count and how does neupogen injections help?
Response from Dr. Henry
ANC refers to absolute neutrophil counts (a part o the white blood cell family and an important cell for preventing infections). HIV infection, other infection, marrow toxic drugs and other conditions can result in low ANC levels. In adults with HIV once the ANC level is < 500-750 there is increased risk for infections and growth factor therapy is considered.KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Does Amoxicillin Cure Stds?
- Is A Venereal Disease The Same As An Std?
- Stress Cause Bacterial Vaginitis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.