viral load

I have been on stalan med since august 2005 and have not done a viral load check ever since i was told of my status.my question is how does one know if the med is working or not. i struggle to buy my med which i buy from my doc at the cost of R450 and i buy very month hence can not afford to go for a blood count to see if my me is working. Going to Govt hospitals is also too depressing as you see how people are suffering all in the name of cheap meds. i live in south Africa,

Your HIV doc should be able to evaluate you clinically and with more simple and less expensive blood tests (such as the total lymphocyte count part of the complete blood count) to assess how you are doing HIV-wise. Missing no doses of your meds and trying to maintain your body weight/nutrition are also important. KH

What are the statistics for infection in HIV patients with knee replacements
HYPERTENSION TREATMENT INERACTION