Jan 27, 2006
I have been on stalan med since august 2005 and have not done a viral load check ever since i was told of my status.my question is how does one know if the med is working or not. i struggle to buy my med which i buy from my doc at the cost of R450 and i buy very month hence can not afford to go for a blood count to see if my me is working. Going to Govt hospitals is also too depressing as you see how people are suffering all in the name of cheap meds. i live in south Africa,
Response from Dr. Henry
Your HIV doc should be able to evaluate you clinically and with more simple and less expensive blood tests (such as the total lymphocyte count part of the complete blood count) to assess how you are doing HIV-wise. Missing no doses of your meds and trying to maintain your body weight/nutrition are also important. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.