Psoriasis

I have been positive now for 2.5 years. I have been on Sustiva and Combivir for 2 years. My t-cells are 801 and my viral load is under 50 copies and has been that way since after two weeks of treatment. I have very little side effects, I feel great and thank god that these meds are available every day. My question is this in the past 6-9 months I have developed Psoriasis on my elbow and several places on my legs. I have read that it is caused from an over active immune system. Is that because of the medication or should i be concerned about something?

Psoriasis is common in the general population and may be somewhat more frequent in the setting of HIV infection. I have had numerous patients with psoriasis and HIV who have done well with their psoriasis (usually under the care of a dermatologist) on a variety of HIV regimens. Your current HIV regimen should not have much of a direct impact on your psoriasis. KH

liposuction or liposculpture?
Warts and All