Intensive exercise & Lactic acidosis

Dear Doctor,

I am currently on my first combo started in March 2004 (videx epivir sustiva). I would like to avoid as much as I can the potential risk of lactic acidosis specially related to ddi, so here are my doubts:

I do weight training 4 times per week, intensively... does it enhance in any way the risk of suffering from severe lactic acidosis?

Would it be recommendable to avoid any kind of food? Milk, yoghourt? Sugar?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

In general heavy exercise is well tolerated by patients on your particular regimen. You may want to have your HIV specialist evaluate you for that if for nothing else to be reassured. I am unaware of any data suppporting the need to avoid the foods you mentioned (unless you have lactose intolerase, diabetes, etc.). KH

Low Dose Radiation Treatment
HIV & HPV-followup.Doc ur diagnosis is right