peripheral neuropathy - girly man

I have undetectable hiv and I'm been on sustiva for 6 years and epzicom for almost 2 years. I have been dealing with peripheral neuropathy for almost 4 years now. I have seen it go from being sensory neuropathy to pn. The eeg, whatever that electrical thing is, showed nerve lost too.

I have been on neurotin, depakote, some others I forget the name of and wow, what side effects!!!

So I gave up exercising because the pain became unbearable. I sound like such a girly-man! Anyway, recently I started walking everyday just to try and do something physical, ya know, to hear my body talk, well it is! At first I put the hip pain and mid back pain down to getting back into the swing of things, but it hasn't gone away. I swear the PN feels worse too even when I type my fingers feel more aware of it. Good thing I don't type with my feet! Although I'm sure some guys would like that! LOL

So what gives? Oh, my eyesight has been burry off/on lately too. Though I think it's the pain I'm trying to plow through. I do not have diabetes. I don't have diarrhea anymore, more constipation now.

Am I just being a girly man here doc? Is this pain just something I need to shut up about and deal with it? Should I stop the hiv meds altogether and perhaps do a herbal thing? Does it sound like I'm at my wits end? It's called pain!!!!! Ive even woke up in my sleep with pain. HELP!!!

What type of doctor do I see now? What do I tell him/her/them/they?

Sorry pain makes me make jokes to work through it. Should I contact the governator and see if he has any advice?

Thanks

The 3TC component of Epzicom can occasionally cause/aggravate peripheral neuropathy so a discussion of whether any switch options might be considered may be worth having with your HIV specialist. I refer patients with challenging peripheral neuropathy to an HIV experienced neurologist and sometimes to a pain specialist for their input. KH

BP cannot be controlled
neuropathy