HIV and Hemochromatosis
Jan 24, 2006
HIV-1 NEF down-regulates the hemochromatosis protein HFE, manipulating iron homeostasis. PNAS 2005:102:11017-22
HFE mutation in hemochromatosis changes the interaction between HIV and macrophages!
Sincerely Yours Friedrich Flachsbart
Response from Dr. Henry
Your feedback with those references is appreciated. The clinical implications of that laboratory finding is unclear and needs more study.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sore Throat A Symptom Of Ars?
- Should I Get Tested After Sex With A Prostitute?
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- How Are Genital Warts Contracted?
- What Does It Mean When You Have A Discharge But No Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.