Medications Side Affects

Recently I have developed a couple of conditions and want to know if they can be a result of my HIV medications.

The first item that has happened is a loss of my sense of smell. I don't have a total loss of smell, but it has to be a really strong odor before I detect it.

The second, you have commented on several times in here, but I think my situation may be different. I have always had very stable blood pressure readings. In the area of 120/70. However the last three times that I have been to the doctor for other conditions it has been elevated. 128/90, 132/94, & 122/88. My doctor's haven't seemed to be concerned I believe that they think it is a missreading or stress over the visit. However, none of these doctors is my HIV specialist.

This has happened very suddenly, these three readings were all done in the last 10 days.

Could either or both of these be caused by my medications? I am on Trizir & Viramune twice a day along with Effexor XR 300mg daily and Wellbutrin XL 300 mg daily.

Thanks for you help

Dean

Neither Viramune or Trizivir cause sudden increases blood presure or at least does so very rarely. Both Effexor and Wellbutrin have been reported to cause blood pressure increases as can stress so that is a more likely explanation. Those latter drugs can cause dry mouth and sometimes can impact the sense of smell. Your HIV meds occasionally can decrease the sense of smell but that is not very common in my experience. KH

Diarrhea-New meds
Eventualy Bound to fail??