Jan 19, 2006
I have been off meds for about the last year. Now my doctor is wanting me to back on my meds again. He took me off my meds for two reasons- 1 my counts were doing very well and 2 I was having excessive diarrhea. I guess my question is- since the last year is there any new HIV medication out that wont effective me like they have in the past?
Response from Dr. Henry
Many newer HIV meds particularly in the protease inhibitor class are better tolerated then older meds or formulatons. Those include saquinavir, fosamprenavir, atazanavir, or even Kaletra. Other meds getting use in newer regimens include efavirenz, FTC, tenofovir, and abacavir which often cause little GI problems. Your HIV specialist who knows your HIV treatment history is the best person to assess which of the newer meds would perhaps be suitable for you. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Runny Nose After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.