HIV & HPV

I underwent an HIV PEP regime with Combivir. 3 weeks after finishing the required routine, I have breakouts on my face. I have HPV, and they strongly resemble, the initial breakout that I had when I acquired HPV a year ago. They are Multiplying and local antibiotic like Fuciderm isnt helping. They look like the white growth on potatoes, when they get old and moldy. My Doc has recommended freezing the warts on my Face, but I dont want to damage my face. Recommendations, if this isnt an occurrence of HPV or being possibly infected with HIV, what else can this be?

Very interesting question. HIV+ patients taking HIV meds can experience flare-ups of rashes like you describe but I haven't encountered an HIV- patient on a short course of Combivir for PEP when that has happened. The fact that it occurred 3 weeks after the PEP was over makes it even more unlikely that it was directly related to the Combivir. HPV is a little unusual in the fact versus molluscum or other conditions in my experience. Under a dermatologist's care freezing often is helpful. KH

FEW SECONDS OF FUN 6 MONTH OF HORROR
endocarditis