Flatulence

Dear Doctors, Maybe you can help me on a specific problem: I live in Brazil and I'm taking Reyataz, 3TC, Norvir (low dose) and Abacavir and i've been passing through very difficult situations concerning excess of flatulance. I don't know anymore what to do. EVERYTHING I eat seems to be transformed in intestinal gases. I've already talked to my doctor but since then the situation got worse. Very worse! May it be because of the drugs I'm taking? Ive tryied to use Dimeticone (Luftal) - I Don't know if in the USA the name is the same - but it was helpless. What should I do? Thanks for any guidance.

Whew=that can be a nuisance and tough to resolve. Sometimes use of lactase to help digest diary products or Beano (to help with a range of beans and vegetables) clearly help some patients. Some patients are very sensitive to protease inhibitors as far as gut complaints (particularly Norvir) so evaluating whether the NOrvir could be stopped or switch the protease inhibitors to something like efavirenz may help certain patients while maintaining HIV control. KH

Pain in feet and knees
FEW SECONDS OF FUN 6 MONTH OF HORROR