Shoulder problem

Hello and hope all is well in your busy lives. I am currently on Kaletra (2+yrs.), Ziagen (2+yrs.) and Viread (1.5yrs), I have noticed a slow but steady progression of fat loss (face, butt, legs and arms)over the last 2yrs. My weight stays basically unchanged at 230-235lbs. (muscle weighs more than fat) and I workout regularly with free-weights. My question pertains to problems with my left shoulder (I think my rotator cuff) and the inner ligament/muscle of my right elbow. They have both been very sore for ~2months and have affected my workouts substantially. Since they aren't affecting the symmetrical limbs is it logical to think that I just strained them from overextending during my workouts, or, is the fat loss I mentioned above affecting my muscle/ligament system (another HIV problem). I should also mention that I was using 1% Androgel for around 3 months, I stopped using it 6 weeks ago due to an elevated red blood cell count. I noticed a drastic change in my lean muscle-mass when I was using Androgel (i.e. significant decrease in body fat). Does body fat play a big role in joint health, be it muscular, bone or ligament? Thanks again for the opportunity to ask these questions!

Interesting questions. To my knowledge persons who are losing fat in the setting of good nutrition who are exercising and have good HIV control have not generally been having much of a problem with the muscle/ligament system that is linked to their HIV situation. I have numerous patients with frustrating tendon/joint pains with an obvious underlying common link (those problems happen in the general population as well!).KH

Is this peripheral neuropathy?
Dementia