Drug Reaction & Change

I recently found out that I was HIV positive. I started seeing a HIV doctor and he then looked at my viral load and cd4 count and placed me on Norvir, Truvada, and Reyataz. After about 10 days of treatment I then broke out in a rash. I immediatly went to my doctor and he took me off all of the drugs.10 days later I then went back to the doctor to follow up on the situation and he then placed me on Norvir, Epzicom, and Lexiva. About 7 to 8 days after treatment I then broke out in a worse rash then before. I was then told to stop all meds again. My question is how long should I have to or need to wait before starting a new regamin? I have a friend that was talking to his HIV doctor and He told him that my doctor did not wait long enough before starting a new regamin?

Rashes are fairly common when starting HIV meds. I usually treat through then and sometimes will drop the most likely offending meds and replace it with another while continuing the other meds. Starting and stopping like you describe can make it tough to both get the HIV meds under control and gain an understanding of which med is the problem. Most HIV specialists are fairly comfortable with issues like that. I assume you are seeing an experienced HIV specialist. If so I would defer to their judgement with the particulars of your situation at their disposal. KH

Sleeping pills
Could fungal infection cause DVT blood clot formation?