Headache - treatment failure

I have been on sustiva/truvada for about 6 months, and I am starting to get up in the mornings a bit more tired and with a headache - almost like a hangover? Does this sound like a medicine related side effect? I have had perfect adherence - I mean i take the pills between 10 mins to an hour difference on some days - but i have never missed a dose. My doctor said that that wasnt a problem because the half lives for the drugs are long enough that they stay in your system for long periods of time. I am just worrie. is it possible that my headaches could be caused because I might be having treatment failure? The last time i went to the doctor, my vl was undetetcable and my cd4 were 300. the doctor said i was responding well to the medication. What are your thoughts? Do you think I am experiencing the first signs of treatment failure? Do you think my headaches are a sign of treatment failure? I am so frightenend. Please respond.

Headaches are very common in the general population and can be tough to categorize and treat. Headaches would rarely by a sign of treatment failure in situations such as yours. Sustiva can cause a hangover like effect in some patients with headache. Switching to morning dosing or to an alternative to the Sustiva for a trial period are options that are sometimes considered if there is no other clear explanation for the headaches. KH

diffuse infiltrative lymphocytosis syndrome
Loss of smell, taste with tinnitus and severe imbalance