Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

diffuse infiltrative lymphocytosis syndrome
Jan 14, 2006

I have had hiv and been on meds now for 6yrs. My cd4 is great and I'm undetectable. However, my cd8 is almost twice the normal high amount. I have seen my neck increase in size by 2 inches (yes I measured), and I have dry eyes, dealing with per. neuropathy that has been confirmed by that elec test!, and recently I've found my eyes are bothering me even more. I also get ear probs. and of course my neck just hurts at times which I put down to the neck muscles. However this is driving me nutty and it's not the voices in my mind. Anyway, I was telling someone about my recent cd8 count and he had never heard of it. So I went on the web to show him and I found quite by accident a listing of diffuse infiltrative lymphocytosis syndrome which looks like something I could have. Who do I see to check and verify this and what help is there? I would like to see my neck go down, my eyes not be as sore and dry, my feet not as numb or my fingers not numb, so what do I do? Please point me in the right direction. I live in DC. Thank YOU!

Response from Dr. Henry

The diagnosis of diffuse infiltrative lymphocytosis syndrome often involved a biopsy of a salivary gland with examination by a pathologist. Often symptoms are similar to Sjrogrens syndrome with dry mouth and enlarged parotid glands often prominent. The lungs can be involved as can peripheral nerves. The condition may be more common in African-Americans and some African populations with HIV infection. Often the condition improves with effective HIV treatment. KH

Previous
Doxil treatment
Next
Headache - treatment failure

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.