Severe itching for a little over 6 months

I have had this uncontrollable itching for over 6 months now. The itching just affects my arms and sometimes the back of my neck. I am thinking it may be one of my meds but not sure as I believe the itching started before I started my new med regime but has been worse since starting the new meds.

I am taking Fuzeon, Truvada, Timpranavir, and norvir. Could nay of these meds be causing the severe itching or could it be something else. I find it strange that the itching is only on my arms. I even thought it may be pet dander as I have two indoor cats. I have ruled out laundry detergent as I use the non-allergy type. I have also tried just about every over the counter allergy lotion there is from caladryl which dries my skin out so much that the itching is worse to one type of lotion by Bandaid which seems to help some and I have noticed that anything with camphor or menthols helps but the smell can sometimes be strong and my partner hates when I use it. My itching for some reason is worse in the evening and at night, thats why I think it could be from my pet dander but I also notice if I am outside and get any bit of sun the itching increases.

Any ideas? I am thinking of going to an allergy clinic to see what can be found, but just the thought of all those little needles has kept me from doing it yet. Changing my meds is not really an option because this is the forst time that my viral load is almost undectectable and T-Cells are higher.

Eosinophilic folliculitis and other conditions can cause symptoms like you describe (often helped by antifungal soap/shampoo and sometimes steroids). I would recommend seeing a dermatologist for help more than an allergist. KH

Drug interactions
Heart Disease HIV and Medications