unexplicable ?

Yesterday I had a HIV screening at the local Clinic after finding out that my girlfriend of 2 yrs. had a positive result. She kept the results from me and we continued to have unprotected sex for alittle over a year. Probably 100-125 sexual encounters, My results were negative. The clinic attendent told me I need to come back in 3 months for a retest. How can I not be infected if my girlfriend is, is that common ? Im having my girlfriend retested also. Would previous exposure to TB effect the results of a HIV test ? Are their any other factors which may contribute to the unreliability of HIV test.

Studies of discordant couples who have unprotected intercourse over a number of years have reported a wide range of transmission rates to the uninfected partner. It is not unusual for a male partner to remain uninfected in situations like yours since the risk per intercouse for female to make transmission is low (? < 1%) with many factors involved (cirmcumcision, other veneral diseases, level of virus in infected partner, genetic pre-disposition, and many others).

is this true?
Impetigo & HIV