lipdystrophy and abdominal girth

I have been taking Trizivar for over 4 years now. Before that, I lost a large sum of weight/body fat I believe due to upset stomach and diarrhea caused from intolerance to the previous medication. I have put my put the weight back on aside from some slight body fat loss in the legs. I have noticed however that I am starting to show the "protease paunch". I have a round belly that protrudes a little. Is there anything that can be done to reduce this "paunch" or prevent it from getting worse. I am not overweight and the belly is drastic but I am afraid it will continue

Your current 3 nuke regimen does not contain a protease inhibitor. Your HIV specialist can evaluate whether you m ight benefit from switching off the AZT component of the Trizivir. Diet, exercise, possibly testosterone replacement if deficient, growth hormone or growth hormone releasing factor, and some diabetes drugs are being evaluated for possible benefit for certain patients. There is not a single easy universally effective treatment unfortunately. KH

Triglecrides high
moods swings