Jan 5, 2006
I have been taking Viramune/Truvada for almost a year now. I have good total Cholestrol, Low HDL and high Triglecrides. It the high Triglecrides coming from the Truvada? What are some things I can do as far as myself to help drop the Triglecrides and up my HDL? Thanks
| Response from Dr. Henry
Your current regimen may be about as good as it gets as far as impact on lipid levels. Many patients with HIV alone have low HDL and elevated triglycerides which may not be remedied by effective HIV treatment. Exercise, diet, judicious alcohol, and some other drugs (fish oil, niacin, fibrates, statins) can help individual patients. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Do You Know If You Have Shingles?
- Oral Ulcers After Fingering Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.