difficulty swallowing?

I recently developed a strange symptom. It started about a week ago, a few days after I had a cold (no fever, just runny nose and congestion, it went away in a couple of days). I have this sensation like there is something stuck in the back of my throat. While it has not prevented me from eating and I have not had difficulty breathing, it still bothers me. Sometimes it's not there, usually in the mornings when I wake up I dont feel it. Then as I start going about my day, it starts again. It feels right below my Adam's apple, to the back of my throat. One day I got so scared I went to the ER; the doctor said he was not concerned as I had no difficulty breathing, my voice was normal and I was not drooling. He did two X-rays that showed nothing out of the ordinary. However, the sensation is still there and it comes and goes during the day.

I am in good health, viral load undetectable, CD4 around 850. Please, any ideas?

Standard X-rays and exams can miss problems in the esophagus or posterior pharynx. I suggest discussing with your HIV specialist whether a good ENT examination, barium swallow of upper endoscopy would be apppropriate to evaluate your dysphagia. Unlikely to be HIV or antiretroviral therapy related given your overall good HIV status. KH

Just Diagnosed!!!
Lipodystrophy studies?