inducing a coma?

My friend with AIDS has infections spread through out his body...lungs, kindney, and liver. He is in severe pain at all times. His body is unable to fight off the infections faster than they are spreading. His doctors want to put him into a drug induced coma to help his body recover some, and be able to give him treatments without the pain. Is this a common practice? How risky is this?

I have never had a patient in whom it was recommended to put into a coma except in several unusual cases with high fever/seizures. KH

cephalexin monohydrate and kaposi's sarcoma
Just Diagnosed!!!