Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Fat implant
Jan 2, 2006

Thank you for answer my question, to answer your question back to me about what substance the implant on my face, it was my own fat from my belly. My orgininal question was after 4 weeks for implant my own fat tom my cheek, my left side was good,my right side I have a clump on the area of the implant, doesn't seem like it spread out like when I just had it. Touching that clump, I could still feel a little painful feeling. My questions: 1) Since it is my own fat, will this going away sometimes soon, should I be more patient w/ the result?

2) Should I massage the clump so it will spread out more evenly like the left side?

3) Could this be an infection?, there is no reddness in that area.

4) Since it is fat from my own body, could it be taken out if the clump does not improve in 6 weeks?

I can't ask my Plastic surgeon on any of these questions, that's why I need your help to ease my worriness in this waiting period, or should I see another plastice surgeon right away, Ionly had this done amonth a go.

Thank you so much for your promp answer.

PL

Response from Dr. Henry

The course of what happen in situations like yours in unpredictable and highly variable. There have ben reports where auto-fat transplants in patients with HIV-related lipodystrophy have remained lumpy or actually enlarged further (when fat moved from the face from abdomen or neck) even become disfuguring. in some cases. Since plastic surgeons are generally paid very well for their services, they should be accessible to patients to answer questions and address concerns due to their knowledge about the individual involved and the technique they used. KH

Previous
cannot finish PEP!!! too much nervous pain 2
Next
It's going so fast

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.