What to do when you develop a rash?
Dec 31, 2005
What to do when you develop a rash from taking Truvada?
Response from Dr. Henry
The type of rash and any accompanying symptoms needs to assessed by your HIV specialist. In most cases an isolated mild or even moderate rash can be treated through. Looking for other drugs which may contribute is important since often it is another drug that actually is the main cause. Antihistamines such as Benadryl or hyroxyzine (even loratadine=Claritin) can help as can H2 blockers (like cimetidine) in some cases. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Scrotum A Symptom Of HIV?
- Vaginal Discharge Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blisters After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.