The tremors side effect

Hi Don, In the long list of side effects that are indicated on the leaflet that is enclosed in the box of FUZEON I see one that I probably suffer from: Tremors. However, what is this exactly? What I experienced almost one month after I started injecting FUZEON (now 2 1/2 years ago)is a neurological condition that consists not only of neuropathy, but also of spasms in the muscles in my calves that are uncontrollable and further something that is generally known as "Restless legs". Because I take so many other medicines I truly cannot say whether FUZERON is to blame or not, but could you tell me if my complaint is, what you might call, normal? The fact is that I often have problems in being able to sleep because my legs drive me absolutely crazy! If you know what this is, do you have any suggestions as what I can do to alleviate this problem? Thanks very much Don and hope to hear from you!

Robert (Holland)

Response from Mr. Kurtyka

Hi Robert,

I suspect that the discomfort, restlessness and spasms in your legs are not cause by Fuzeon, but it's really very difficult to prove unless you stop using the drug do see if it resolves or gets better, which is usually not something you should do (unless your healthcare provider recommends it and monitors you closely).

In reviewing the list of side effects included on the Fuzeon product information sheet, pain in the limbs occurred in 2.9-3.4% of patients in the initial studies of Fuzeon along with myalgia in 2.7-3.2% and peripheral neuropathy in at least one patient. You also describe symptoms of restless leg syndrome (RLS). It might be very difficult to ever determine the exact cause of these symptoms, but I'd focus on making things as normal and comfortable as possible so you can keep on your antiretroviral therapy and enjoy a pain-free life!

My suggestions: talk with your healthcare provider about pain management, neurology and/or restless leg syndrome specialists to see if they can offer some professional advice to improve or eliminate your symptoms. You might want to check out RLS sites on the internet for additional ideas. One site that I found helpful is listed below:

Nat'l Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke

Best of luck to you!

if symptoms of aids appear and tests say negative...
New Needles?