More about shingles

I had written last week about how when i take my combivir and viramune,my counts go great but i have shingles immediatly every time.I am wondering now if i am confusing shingles with something else because the times i have had shingles,it is usurally on 1 side of the face.This is big knots on my head and face only when i am on the meds.They seem to be just a clear fluid and usurally go down with zovirax cream slowly but stopping the meds they go completely away.My dr tells me to keep taking those 2 meds.Also i have suffered Exsema all my life and have had alot of steroid and anti itch medications.What is the best way to get rid of the extra dryness from these meds.

Shingles is due to the varicella virus (Herpes zoster). It would be unsual though possible to have recurrent outbreaks as you describe. An evaluation be a dermatologist is strongly recommended to make the proper diagnosis. Flares of skin problem can occur with use of effective HIV meds. Some skin conditions are very tough to properly diagnose and treat. For some use of antifungal creams. shampoos, and sometimes oral pills can help depending on the condition. KH

Tounge/Headaches/Weak
Muscle twitching/Abacavir