Mid-section weight gain

I am 44 yrs old and was given the report about 18 months ago (CD4 was 22). I am now on my 3rd set of med's. The 1st causing a stall in producing blood. The 2nd and now the 3rd have increased my CD4 but as I get better my mid section gets bigger until it gets hard to breath, my chol and pressure rises and it's unconfortable to eat even small meals. The last med's I ended up having to come off them, but in less than 2 months my numbers crashed. I now fast once a week and excercise 3 times a week for 30 min. I eat pretty healthy but I can not get it under control. My doctor says I need to increase my metabolisum. I have tried pills (hydroxicut, relicor and others), green tea until I'm green. With no results. How far is healthly to take it. Is it safe to double everything? Is there anything else that I can do?

Your HIV specialist is the best person to evaluate the effect of your HIV regimen on abdominal fat gain and whether alternative regimens are on option for you. Exercise and diet with expert input can be helpful. Some patients may have testosterone or thyroid abnormalities which can contribute to the problem. I doubt that increasing your alternative medication regimen would provide much benefit but also doubt that the meds you mention should be much of a problem though that depends on which HIV meds you are taking. Often once your HIV in under good control the situation can be reviewed to see if an easier and more fat friendly regimen is an option. KH

Androgel question
I need serious help.