Could pimples on forehead be caused by carbs?

I was diagnosed 1 year ago and I had to go on meds 4 months ago because my t-cells were dropping too rapidly. I went on Combivir and Kaletra, and now my t-cell count is 685 and Im undetectable, thank God.

I noticed that when my t-cells dropped below 250 I started getting lots of pimples on my forehead. After going on the med I started eating balanced meals and my pimples subsided, but I noticed that when I ate too many carbs my forehead broke out with pimples. So, I started cutting down on bread, rice, and pasta to control the pimples and it has helped a lot.

I haven't seen a connection to carbs before, but the coincidence is hard to ignore. Is there some link to carbs, pimples on the forehead, and Combivir and/or Kaletra? Or, could it be that the carbs are turning to sugar and creating bacteria in my blood stream and causing these pimples?

Please advise. And, thank you for being there for us.

In some individuals outbreaks of pimples can be related to certain types of foods. Immune reconsititution due to effective HIV therapy can in some cases aggravate that tendency. It is unlikely that the issue related to bacteria in your blood stream but more likely surfact bacteria and the content of secretions in facial pores. Your HIV specialist and/or dermatologist can often offer effective advice and treatment suggestions. KH

Drug interaction
lipoatrophy and buffalo hump..options?