adverse reaction to HIV meds

On 2-5-03 the doctor I was working with stuck me with an HIV+ needle. The doctors I was sent to through workman's compensation treated me like all of the adverse reactions I was having were all in my head. When I presented the doctor with the possiblility that I had mitochrondial toxicity and that was the reason for my symptoms the doctor promptly dismissed me. The ONLY thing he would say was that I had depression and IF the depression would go away then so would the symptoms I was having. Now, I do not know if I have fibromyalgia, but the symptoms sure are identical. It is my belief that the medications were toxic to me. The prophylatic medications I was on for 30 days were Combivir and Sustiva. I am sure I had an idiosyncratic reaction to one or more of the drugs. Being "labled" depressed from the time of seeing the very first doctor and then the next has been depressing in itself. I would sure appreciate a reply. Thank you ever so much for your time. Cheryl

Many if not most persons taking triple HIV meds for post-exposure prophylaxis will experience at least annoying side effects. Though some of the side effects may be due to mitochondrial toxicity it would be highly unusual to have severe mitochondrial toxicity-related side effects within 4 weeks of starting meds and /or not clearly resolving after meds were stopped.KH

adverse effect of betamethasone, topical corticosteroid cream
Perineum and Anal Fissures