|adverse effect of betamethasone, topical corticosteroid cream
Dec 11, 2005
hello doctor, i have used betamethasone cream for 2 months before i took my elisa test, does this affect test or could cause false negative?
the result was both non reactive for HIv-1 and Hiv 2.
I use that cream everytime my sebo flares up, since year 2000 till now.
thank very much
Response from Dr. Henry
Dexamethasone does not cause false + HIV tests.
adverse reaction to HIV meds
- Swollen Lymph Glands Under Armpit And Hiv Risk
- How Long Can Hiv Remain Undetected?
- How Many Days After Having Sex Should I Test For Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv From One Time Sex With A Hiv Positive Person?
- What Could Cause False Positive Rapid Hiv Test?
- What Has Caused The Evolution Of Drug-resistant Strains Of Hiv?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.